SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headset is plugged but not in my ear

2 posters

Go down

Headset is plugged but not in my ear Empty Headset is plugged but not in my ear

Post by drorpaz Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:48 am

Hi
I use my phone a lot with headset.
But when not talking, the headset is not in my ear, but still connected to the phone.
Currently, i cannot hear when the phone is ringing or when i get SMS etc.
I would like to hear it via the phone speaker even if the headset are plugged

Anyway i can do it?

BR,
Dror

drorpaz

Back to top Go down

Headset is plugged but not in my ear Empty Re: Headset is plugged but not in my ear

Post by ChrisCross Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:20 am

Exactly my use case. I downloaded the newest version (2.5.8.0.8 ) and though that the following settings will do it but imo its not the case.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII with CM 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)
Headset: Wired Headset with mic
Settings: Alert behaviour -> Wired Headset behaviour -> Ringtones to: "Phone Speaker and Headset"

Wired Headset (with mic) is recognized by SoundAbout (at least it says it in the status bar: "Wired Headset (with mic) in use for media") but ringtone is only played vie headset and not speaker.

Any help? It would be enough for me if with plugged in headset the ringtone would only be played via speaker and not headset or both , but simultaneous is ok, if you could make it work. Make the feature Pro and will buy it :-)

Thanks
Chris

ChrisCross

Back to top Go down

Headset is plugged but not in my ear Empty Re: Headset is plugged but not in my ear

Post by ChrisCross Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:41 am

Argh. Found something:
When I change the settings "Media audio -> Speaker" the ringtone is played is speaker with attached headset BUT also every other media like music.

It seems that SoundAbout and/or CM are doing something wrong with the ring tone, because it is treated as media and not as phone call notification.

Do you know, if this is a problem of CM or SoundAbout? Is any fix here possible? Or is it not possible to distinguish the source (ringtone vs e.g. music)?

Thanks for any hints.

ChrisCross

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down